We also have our gallery space (7.255). Artists who have works that aren't specifically performance-based can present their work in the gallery studio (to the discretion of the Studio 7 crew). This is not a "staged piece" but rather art that can be viewed by the public in a less time-restricted setting. Some examples would be: photography, mixed media, graphic art, sculpture, installation art, performance art, video, music (recorded or live), etc. All final placement is up to the curators of Studio 7. If you are interested in presenting your work in our gallery, please read the criteria below.
Application form below.
Application form below.
- You must be an artist early in your career.
- You must apply before the deadline (see calendar). All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- We will contact you via email to inform you whether your work has been selected, so please make sure that you provide a valid email address.
- If your work is selected you must arrive on the day of presentation at 5 pm in the black box studio in order to work with our technical team and set up your art piece. Except for medical reasons, if you are not present an hour before the show (6 pm), you won't be able to present your work.
- We may ask for some performance pieces to be presented in this new space and if this is the case it is very important to arrive on time to familiarize oneself with the space and work out any potential technical or spatial issues.
- Please note that Studio 7 is photographed, so you will need to sign an image waver form.
- Please note that we do not have access to a lighting grid in this studio so lighting options are limited. If you want a specific lighting for your piece, you may need to bring your own resources.
- If you are a performance artist but would like to explore the space outside of the black box, submit a performance or presentation application and specify the space you would like to work with and what technical requirements you will need to perform in this space. We will do our best to accommodate your requests but please remain flexible to change.
We will not be able to fit all of the applicants work into one Studio 7. We must base our decisions off of the space available and what pieces work well together within a similar theme. If we do not select your work, please apply for the next edition!
Photo Credit: Simon Pelletier